Nimbin A&I Society
(Nimbin Show Society)
A warm welcome to all campers and visitors to the 19th Nimbin
The camping area at the Nimbin Showgrounds has been the
site of the annual Nimbin Show since 192@: Over the years
it has been the venue for agricultural shows, horse riding
and jumping events, car shows, rallies and music festivals.
In the past it has acted as a sports ground for cricket,
soccer, rugby league, and currently AFL teams. In 1973 it
hosted the official opening of the world famous Aquarius
Festival. Also during the '70s it was home base for the
Nimbin Tug o' War team which for five consecutive years
won the Australian National Championships. It has served
as a hub for large community events.
This is the 4th year the grounds have been opened up to
campers for the Nimbin Mardi Grass. Income generated from
this has been poured back into the site to extend and improve
the amenities. The Showgrounds are maintained by a small
group of dedicated volunteers who meet weekly to repair
and look after the area
• Don't be greedy in shower.
• Camping only in designated areas.
• Open fires are to be restricted to central communal fire
• IE. No private or individual fires in the camp area.
• First Aid and Fire Extinguishers available at the Canteen.
• Emergency Assembly Area is at front entrance parking area
• Keep noise to a respectable level. Be considerate of your
• Keep your space clean and tidy. (bags provided)
• These rules are for the comfort and safety of all campers.
There are three areas set aside; A quiet area, a reasonably
noisy area, and a family area, ask at gate.
Canteen Hours: Fri, Sat, Sun. 7:00am to 7:00 pm
Bacon & egg sandwich $5
Steak & onion sandwich $6
Sausage & onion sandwich $2
Ham, Cheese & tomatosandwich $5
Soft drinks and water $2
Hospital: ph. 66891400
We hope you have a safe, happy and enjoyable Mardi Grass